How to Identify Young Professionals With Management Potential
Outstanding leaders are a rare find. Not only are these professionals exceptionally bright, they also have the interpersonal skills needed to work well with others.
Consequently, it’s never too early to start looking for future managers for your organization. It can take years to prepare employees for a management role, so the earlier you start, the more time you’ll have to shape them into the type of leader your organization needs.
5 Characteristics of Future Leaders
Not exactly sure what makes a great future leader? Get started by searching for a young professional who embodies the following five characteristics:
- Excellent Communication Skills: Managers must have outstanding communication skills to both interact with their own teams and other departments. A young professional with the ability to shine in a group or an individual setting is the type of versatile leader you need.
- Willingness to Put in Extra Hours: Employees who are willing to put in overtime during busy periods like tax season or quarter end show strong management potential. You can’t have a leader who isn’t prepared to work until the job is done.
- Outstanding Analytical Skills: You want the best and brightest young professionals to lead your company into the future, so seek out those with an uncanny ability to analyze data into meaningful solutions. Managers must have the ability to think quickly and enact change.
- Ability to See the Big Picture: A great future leader is focused on more than getting the job done ─ they want to complete the work in the most efficient way possible. They constantly challenge their team to improve current processes to become more effective.
- Strong Prioritization Capabilities: Most successful business at some point face rigid deadlines. A young professional with management potential has the ability to prioritize their work to satisfy all stakeholders. Exceptional multitasking skills are a must to manage an endless stream of competing priorities.
Looking to hire young talent with management potential? Contact Sparks Group today. Our partnership methodology is rooted in a thorough analysis of each client’s staffing challenges and business culture. This consultative approach allows Sparks Group to customize programs to meet our clients’ unique requirements and objectives and in turn, improve efficiency and productivity.