You rely on your smartphone for just about everything, so why not use it to make your job search easier and more efficient? There are a lot of great job search apps designed to assist in your quest for an exciting new position. Seven of the best apps to download include:
- Job Interview Questions (Android): Prepare for your next job interview with this app. It contains 95 different interview questions, allowing you to write and record your responses. You’ll also receive a helpful inside look into each question, allowing you to gain a better understanding of the hiring manager’s intentions.
- iPQ Career Planner (iOS): Need a little help finding your ideal career path? The iPQ career planner offers a 52-question assessment, helping you identifying your strengths and weaknesses and highlighting jobs that would be a great fit for you.
- TweetMyJobs (Android and iOS): If you’re looking for a job within certain geographic parameters, TweetMyJobs was made for you. The app aggregates job postings from larger sites, pinning them on a map and allowing you to check out the building on “Street View.”
- LunchMeet (iOS): Serving as the ultimate networking app, LunchMeet makes it easy to create valuable new connections. The app works through LinkedIn, allowing you to plug in your location and availability to find other people nearby who are free during the same time period to meet for lunch, coffee or drinks. After making the initial connection, use the in-app messaging feature to firm up the details.
- Jobsearch & Jobandtalent (Android and iOS): Search through job listings selected for you based on your profile and industry preference, using a beautiful interface. Enjoy the functionality of applying to, discarding and saving jobs ─ in addition to receiving push notifications for new listings, allowing you to be among the first to submit your resume.
- Good Job (iOS): Manage the progress of your job search with ease using Good Job. The app serves as a place to keep notes, contact information and events relative to your job search. You’ll never again forget whether or not you’ve sent a thank you note to an interviewer or which resume you sent to a certain employer.
- JobMo (Android and iOS): Stop wasting time conducting individual searches on popular job sites each day and download JobMo. This app aggregates jobs from sites like Monster and Indeed, making it easier than ever to search and apply for jobs. It also features a map to see exactly where companies are located, the ability to job search topics with other candidates, information on hiring trends, salary comparisons and background research on companies you may be interested in.
Ready to make a change in your career? Contact Sparks Group today. We have been successfully connecting job seekers with rewarding employment opportunities since 1970. We have established partnerships with many of the Washington, DC/Baltimore Metropolitan Area's leading organizations.